Luke McCormick, the former British goalkeeper was born in Coventry during 1983. The actual beginnings of his profession bore a peculiar familiarity to that of a Hollywood movie. Followed meticulously by Sky Sports news, McCormick started out his job in the 2003- 2004 season as a back up with regard to Romain Larrieu. Improving to his spot, McCormick acquired seven consecutive clean sheets and also proceeded to create a new club record. All the Plymouth Argyle supporters also voted him one of the most promising player of that year. He was consequently dispatched upon loan to Boston United with League Two in October 2004, through Bobby Williamson who had been then the Plymouth Argyle manager.

Then he transferred to Leicester City F. C together with Ian Holloway, a former Plymouth Argyle Manager. His career graph went up steadily and also regularly from then on and McCormick provided amazing performances during the final matches of 2007-2008 season.

The actual cloud settled on his career the moment in June 7th, 2008, Luke McCormick ended up being busted on suspicion of leading to death by dangerous driving whilst he was on his way back from a previous team mates wedding ceremony. The Central Motorway Police Group, which was in charge of arresting McCormick, reported McCormick’s Range Rover collided with a Toyota Previa resulting in the passing away of Aaron as well as Ben Peak of age groups ten as well as 8 respectively.

The driver in the vehicle was the children’s father who had been seriously hurt and also has to be taken to the Hospital Of North Staffordshire. It had been then discovered that he had sustained multiple fractures on the neck, ribs and his back and also his lungs were also swollen. Another 3 people in the Previa had been treated for modest injuries.

He was charged along with 2 counts of death brought on by dangerous driving, driving with alcohol in his bloodstream and also driving without insurance coverage by the Staffordshire Police the following day. On June 9 he was presented before the Fenton Magistrate Court and also was granted conditional bail. On June 16 he appeared before the Stroke-on-Trent Crown Court where the charges on driving with no insurance were dropped against him. This case had been ultimately tried in October 2008 when he was sentenced to 7 years and 4 months in jail period.

Sky Sports news reported that Luke McCormick pleaded guilty on the charges registered towards him. The amount of alcoholic beverages found in his bloodstream had been twice the permissible drink and drive limit. McCormick confessed to have gotten asleep over the controls that night that led to the horrific accident.

The aftershocks of the incident began when on 22nd July, 2008 Plymouth Argyle terminated Luke McCormick�s contract of goalkeeper within a month of the crash. It had been informed to all media people as well as Sky Sports News that the arrangement was terminated upon mutual consent. He had also been terminated from Plymouth in the beginning of the month and also had been asked not to show up at the pre-season training.

Conflict continues to surround Luke McCormick even today. He created a storm the moment his jail team authorities delivered a request to the South Devon League so that he could play in the Division Two side. In a review within Sky Sports news it had been observed that a few South Devon League officials were displeased with this request because they feel that McCormick should be penalized with regard to his action rather than be allowed to spend some time playing football.